Re: Experience with Oracle 7.1

From: Gary Meyers <dbsgrm_at_arco.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 19:05:24 GMT

In article o8f_at_hpcan240.mentorg.com, achau_at_wv.mentorg.com (Artemis Chau) writes:
> Does anyone has a production enviornment running Oracle 7.1? I heard that
>Mervyn's is, I would like to know how the new features work out. Thanks for
>any response.

I, too, would be interested in information. Couple weeks ago I called OTS, requested an update to V7.1.

 I took vacation last Thursday/Friday, and on Friday had a phone message from someone in Oracle Support asking for some more information---Like: What functionality did I expect to gain from 7.1, what kind of applications I was planning on using V7.1 on.

Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder why Oracle would ask what I expected to gain from a new relase?

---
Gary Meyers                     : Usual disclaimer here
gary.meyers_at_Edm.Arco.COM        : My opinions, etc. etc.