Re: New CASE Dictionary 5.1 problems

From: Sandor Nieuwenhuijs <snieuwen_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 15 Jul 1994 13:46:20 GMT

wave_at_elmrd6.ineab.ikea.se wrote:

: Hello

: We have been running Oracle CASE tools for some time (Designer 1.1,
: Dictionary 5.0, and Generator). We decided to try the new CASE Dictionary
: 5.1 and Generator.
: This version is based on Forms 4.0 and runs on PC Windows machines. Oracle
: has not released the new Designer 2.0 yet. Thus, since we use the Designer
: in the early stages and then later on proceed our work in the Dictionary,
: we have a problem. My thinking was to use the old Designer and the new Dict
: and Gen on the same database. I would work on a PC and X-emulate the
: Designer which run in a Unix box. The database is also in the Unix box,
: and we would acess it through SQLnet from the Dict and Gen in the PC.
: Of course the integration of the tools
: would be no more, but at least we could continue our work.

There is a 5.1 package for Win-OS/2 which does support CASE Designer in combination with CASE Dictionary baed on Forms 4.0, the Designer will run under OS/2 PM.

Sandor Nieuwenhuijs
Oracle Netherlands

  • These opinions (if any) are just mine. I do not represent Oracle ---
  • Corporation in this Posting ---