Re: Forms 4.0 on client side demands 24 Mb?

From: Glenn Nicholas <Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 1994 09:06:25 +0000

On the subject of the hardware requirements for CDE applications, does anyone have any figures on how many PCs are 'out there', what are they and how much RAM they have? Are they VGA, SVGA or other? How many dumb terminals are still in use? What about Motif and Mac?

12 months ago I used to hear people quoting that 75-80% of all the world's terminals were dumb (I assume they somehow concluded PCs were clever). Was/is this correct? And what are the trends?

In article <CsuArt.8ow_at_stortek.com>

           v045101_at_procyon.stortek.com "Sean Stasica" writes: .. deleted
:Even 8M machines are not as common as some software manufacturers think they
:are or should be.

--
Glenn Nicholas, Concept
Glenn_at_wplace.demon.co.uk