Re: Setting roles, but NOT as

From: Sandor Nieuwenhuijs <snieuwen_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 14 Jul 1994 08:28:55 GMT

Robert Jung (robert.jung_at_active.ch) wrote:
: I wish to grant roles xx,yy,zz to user scott. These roles have a password
: attached to them, and the user doesn't know the passwords, but the program
: he/she uses does. These roles should therefore NOT be the default roles,
: which is what they are after being granted to the user. SO, how do I make
: then DEFAULT=NO for the user? I tried the "alter user scott enable all
: except xx,yy,zz;", but any time a new role, say ww comes in, I need to do
: the "alter user ...." all over again. I'd like to do this also from within
: a program. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have the manuals here, but from what I remember, you can do 'alter user default role xyz', in which case xyz is (the only) default role for this user.

Sandor Nieuwenhuijs
Oracle Netherlands

  • These opinions (if any) are just mine. I do not represent Oracle ---
  • Corporation in this Posting ---