Re: Access -> O7 running out of memory

From: Jacqui Caren <jacqui_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 09:25:53 +0000

In article comp.databases.oracle:<2vu4gn$lc0_at_bach.seattleu.edu>, ldare_at_bach.seattleu.edu (Larry S. Dare) writes:
>Access version 2.0
>O7 ODBC driver
>
>I have an access program that retrieve 10,000 rows from an ORACLE
>database into a Acess data set and the program selects around 5,000 or
>so and then I get the message that I run out of memory.
>
>I change the same program to point at a Sybase database and the damn
>thing works fine.
>
>Does Microsoft Access really work that much better with Sybase?
>
>Larry Dare
>ldare_at_wdni.com
Are you sure that the data is the same - extracting 10K rows of char(60) is much bigger that 10k of varchar(60). I am not really a sybase user but use oraperl a lot and this does make a BIG difference...

Jacqui Caren

--
Jacqui Caren, Paul Ingram Group Ltd. J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk
My opinions are corect...  ( :-) for the emotionally deprived)