Re: s-procedure-help

From: Larry Fishman <larryf_at_teleport.com>
Date: 9 Jul 1994 05:22:46 -0700

Joya M. Sharif (joya_at_mhd1.moorhead.msus.edu) wrote:
: Hi Everybody:

: I am not sure how and where I can start. I wanted to write stored
: procedure for front-end powerbuilder. Sometime it says, not sufficient
: priviledges. Then I started sqldba command, and type this. Will
: appeciate any help.

: >create or replace procedure dummy
: as begin
: select * from asp_customer;
: end;
: /

:
: ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL
:
: Thanks
: joya

: joya_at_mhd1.moorhead.msus.edu

hi joya,

i believe that this error is generated when one of the installation scripts was NOT run on installation. Look for the procedures which are run for the Oracle 7 procedural option. Ask your DBA (or whomever installed Oracle for you). I'd tell you which script it is but I do not have my manuals with me right now.

larry.

--
Larry Fishman
larryf_at_teleport.COM