Re: HELP: MS Access -> *local* Oracle

From: Robert J. McCallister <rjmac_at_crl.com>
Date: 9 Jul 1994 07:13:07 -0700

SQLNET is not needed, ODBC will take care o fthe connection if the database is local.

andrew_at_ccc.govt.nz wrote:
:*Hi folks,

:*I'm posting this on behalf of someone who is trying to get MS Access
:*to talk to an Oracle database via ODBC. The question is, if the Oracle
:*database is local to the PC ( which it is ), does he still need
:*SQL*Net to establish the connection ? Also, if he *does* need SQL*Net,
:*will he also need TCP/IP networking, or can he configure it for a
:*local Oracle instance ?

:*You can reply directly to him ( Alan Pope, 100241.734_at_compuserve.com )
:*or to me if you can't get through there.

:*Thanks in advance for your help.

:*Cheers, Andrew.

:*Andrew Groom Phone: (03) 3711 862
:*GIS Business analyst, MIS Fax: (03) 3711 789
:*Christchurch City Council Email: andrew_at_ccc.govt.nz
:*P.O. Box 237, Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND