Re: Passing info from one form to another.

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_uswnvg.com>
Date: 8 Jul 94 17:38:49 GMT

Badrish Davanagere (badri_at_elm.circa.ufl.edu) wrote:
: Hello,
: In my application I call one form from another.
: Lets say I call form B from form A. While in form B I allow
: the users to make some choices and upon completion I would like to
: insert one record in form A for each of choices made. I would like
: to do this while quiting from form B. I cannot use global variables
: cause the number of choices could be varying. I could write up
: an user exit but is there any other way?

: Later...

: --Prakash--

Can you use another block instead of calling another form ? This might be easier.
Anyway, if not, try appending a number behind the global variable. Use copy command to do this.
  eg: copy ( ...., 'global.ans' || to_char (counter))
         where counter is a variable/field that you use to keep track of
               the number of records.

You can even pass another global that tells you how many of those globals that you have created.

 Kim Ng
 (Just a low life contract programmer. Thus, my clients won't adopt my views.) Received on Fri Jul 08 1994 - 19:38:49 CEST

Original text of this message