Re: SQLPassThrough & Access 2.0??

From: Jeremy Eric Mortis <mortis_at_acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 19:08:10 GMT

Peter (pcm_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au) wrote:
: A quick question...

: Does Access 2.0 support SQL Pass Through?
: (I would like to execute a stored procedure on Oracle)

: Thanks,
: - Peter.

I've been experimenting with Access 2 and Passthrough to an Oracle database. I can successfully execute a SELECT query.

The syntax for the ODBC source in the query properties window is non-obvious, as the Oracle documentation in Access is practically non-existent (and vice versa). I eventually guessed 'ODBC;DSN=datasourcename'.

I'm still having problems with the communications link hanging itself. I run run exactly one passthrough query and then I can't run another until I restart Windows. I'm using the Trumpet Winsock.

Unfortunately, I can't see how to return data from an Oracle stored procedure. Any ideas out there? Received on Fri Jul 08 1994 - 21:08:10 CEST

Original text of this message