Re: Oracle Call Interface

From: Yair Friedman <yair_at_mangal.cs.huji.ac.il>
Date: 08 Jul 1994 10:54:36 GMT

Philip> Someone once mentioned to me that OCI not going to be Philip> supported in future releases.

Philip> Does anyone have any information supporting or contradicting this ?

Philip> Philip H. Dye

Our Oracle representatives here (Israel) discourage using OCI as an "official" Oracle policy. Sometime in the future they are going to stop supporting OCI. However, I can't see this being done in the near future because there are so many things that simply can't be done using oracle precompilers, and this results in many important Oracle customers using OCI.

Yair I. Friedman            yair_at_cs.huji.ac.il            yair_at_HUJICS.BITNET

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying,  take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone,  solve equations, analyze a new problem,  pitch mature, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.                         -- Robert A. Heinlein