Re: Splitting this newsgroup?

From: Tony Jambu <aaj_at_cmutual.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 1994 06:23:24 GMT

In article <1994Jul1.070918.14492_at_arbi.Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>, Andreas.Bartelt_at_arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Andreas Bartelt) writes:
> Compared to a year ago the traffic in this newsgroup 'comp.databases.oracle'
> is very high now.
>
> Maybe it is more effective to split this newsgroup. E.g.
> .oracle.admin
> .oracle.appl (or .programming)

Gee I am surprised with the number of responses to this thread. I asked the same question about 2 months ago and only got 2 personal emails about it.

There is also a newsgroup/forum on Compuserve. This forum is also broken down into smaller groups like the one suggested below .

oracle.general or oracle.misc
oracle.performance
oracle.dba-admin
oracle.sys-admin
oracle.desktop
oracle.3rdparty-tools
oracle.networking
oracle.appl or oracle.development or oracle.tools or oracle.programming
oracle.jobs

I am willing to take a tally of the votes for and against the splitting of this group and have it summarised. Lets leave out the actual sub groups out until we know for sure that the general consensus is to split it up.

Because this is a COMP newsgroup there are procedured to take and follow like there has to be a minimum number of votes and a certain % or yeah votes. Would you like me to request a 'CFV' call for votes? I am willing to take this offline and if it is approved, we could then decide what sub newsgroups there should be.

ta
tony

--
 _____       ________ / ____ |Tony Jambu, Database Administrator
  /_  _        /_ __ /       |Colonial Mutual Invest Mgmt,Aust (ACN004021809)