Multi-Threaded Server Question

From: Lynda Sohl <lyndas_at_email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 20:15:33 GMT

I am currently testing a conversion of our databases to Oracle7 from V6. Our applications and databases reside on the same UNIX machine (HP-UX 9.04). I have read that in order to use the multi-threaded server option, you must connect to the database through SQL*NET V2 even if the application is on the same machine. I am wondering if anyone is using MTS in this way and if so, what benefits has it brought you and what problems has it caused. Thank you for any information you can provide.

Lynda Sohl
DBA
Components Division, Motorola Inc.
email: ccof50_at_email.mot.com Received on Tue Jul 05 1994 - 22:15:33 CEST

Original text of this message