Re: SQLPlus date formatting ?

From: Don MacGregor <dmac_at_cmos.ssc.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 20:34:54 GMT

In article <Roger_Walker.1g3f_at_CUEHere.Edmonton.AB.CA>, Roger_Walker_at_CUEHere.Edmonton.AB.CA (C U E Here Sysop) says:

>I have the following line in an SQL script file:
>
>select to_char(sysdate, 'fmYY MON DD HH24:MI') today from dual;
>
>It is from some sample code in one of the Intergraph Oracle documents. The
>problem is that the time "03:01" will show up as "3:1"; all leading zeros
>are lost. Is there a way to adjust my format string to get those missing
>zeros?
>
>Thanks...

Remove the 'fm' prefix. This is what suppresses padding with leading zeros. BTW, 'fm' works like a toggle, calling it once turns off padding and calling it again later on turns padding back on. Received on Tue Jul 05 1994 - 22:34:54 CEST

Original text of this message