Re: Splitting this newsgroup?

From: Elizabeth.Fitzpatrick <eliz_at_churchill.ColumbiaSC.NCR.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 18:02:33 GMT

>NO, NO, NO I think it's not a great idea at all! Actually I've ONE group for
>ORACLE and I know that ALL news are in THIS ONE group. When I'm not interested
>by a subject I go to the next very easily with the title. If there are N
>groups I'll subscribe to these N groups (I'm, like certainly many others
>persons, actualy on a lot of other groups which are very interesting for me).
>SO PLEASE LET US ONE GROUP FOR ORACLE !
>--

I VOTE NO MULTIPLE NEWSGROUPS!!! I, also like having all Oracle information in one location. It doesn't take that long to scan an article to see if it pertains to me or not. If there were several newsgroups, though, I could see followups getting onto topics that belonged in other newsgroups and I might miss information important to me.

--
Elizabeth Fitzpatrick			(803) 939-6520
Process & Information Engineering	elizabeth.fitzpatrick_at_ColumbiaSC.NCR.COM