FORMS: Multiple Record Relations? Many to Many

From: Anil <aarhemtu_at_cayley.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 14:54:10 GMT

I'm having a problem creating a form with a many to many relation.

I have 3 tables as follows:

   TABLE 1            TABLE 2        TABLE 3
   Name               ID_Number      Friend_ID
   ID_Number          Friend_ID      Name

By chosing a name from table 1 I would like to see a list the list of friends names from table 3. I would like to show more than one row from table 3 on the form (maybe 5 or ten would be nice). The problem is asking FORMS to display 5 rows from table 3 is useless since the relation between table 2 to table 3 is many:1. I tried to display 5 rows of table 2 in hopes that FORMS would be smart enough to realize that since there is a relation between table 2 and table 3 that it should also display 5 rows of table 3 (and have each row be related to it's partner row in table 2). This does not work however.

Help?

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

Thanks,
Anil Rhemtulla Received on Mon Jul 04 1994 - 16:54:10 CEST

Original text of this message