User Privileges Script for Oracle 7

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 94 09:09:00 -0500

-> I'm suffering from brain meltdown. I can get all of the components
-> but not in one continuous script that produces one report.

While I'm sure it's "POSSIBLE", is it worth it? (continuous script, that is). Why not save some intermediate results into some tmp tables (if you want to stick with pure SQL and not use something like ORAPERL or PROC), and then work it from there.

About 3 years ago I spent 3 days working on this enormously complex SQL script and was incredibly proud of myself when it was done. The damn thing took over 8 hours to run though, and when I rewrote it using C and PROC with huge buffer arrays, I got it down to 40 seconds.

Just a thought.

(Of course, you could just reverse engineer the EXP command, since it needs to do the same thing) (or USE the EXP command, and then reverse engineer the dump file) Received on Fri Jul 01 1994 - 16:09:00 CEST

Original text of this message