User Privileges Script for Oracle 7

From: RSCary <rscary_at_aol.com>
Date: 1 Jul 1994 04:34:02 -0400

Does anyone have a SQL script to produce a report on all the privileges a given
user has? It should retrieve and display all table privileges, system privileges,
granted roles, tablespace quotas and maybe column privileges, I suppose, even
though we haven't started using this level of security yet.

The trouble I'm having is with the recursive nature of a user having table and system privileges and a role having table and system privileges. Then a user can be granted one or more roles and roles can be granted one or more roles. After 2 days of working on this I'm suffering from brain meltdown. I can get all of the components but not in one continuous script that produces one report.

Thanks for your help. I'll post the working script back here after testing it, of course.

Scott Cary
Database Administration,
BCBS of Oregon Received on Fri Jul 01 1994 - 10:34:02 CEST

Original text of this message