Re: Splitting this newsgroup?

From: Steven Whatley <swhatley_at_blkbox.COM>
Date: 1 Jul 1994 17:49:04 GMT

Andreas.Bartelt_at_arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Andreas Bartelt) writes:
>Compared to a year ago the traffic in this newsgroup 'comp.databases.oracle'
>is very high now.
>
>Maybe it is more effective to split this newsgroup. E.g.
> .oracle.admin
> .oracle.appl (or .programming)
>
>What did you think?

That is a great idea. I am mainly interested in the programming stuff. Maybe we could have

	.oracle.admin
	.oracle.announce
	.oracle.programming
	.oracle.misc

Also it would helpful if people would use V6, V7, PLSQL1, PLSQL2, FORMS3, FORMS4, or some other abbreviation at the beginning of the subject line.

Later,
Steven Whatley Received on Fri Jul 01 1994 - 19:49:04 CEST

Original text of this message