Re: Configuring FORMS to foreign languages

From: Thomas Winterfeldt <thowi_at_chiba.escape.de>
Date: 01 Jul 1994 21:07:00 +0200

thowi_at_chiba.escape.de meinte am 16.06.94 zum Thema "Configuring FORMS to foreign languages":

> Hi there
>
> Does anyone know who i can configure SQL-FORMS to give me FORMS error
> codes in other languages ( for example german would be nice ). I have a
> way to do this for ORACLE error codes but it doesn t work for FORMS
> errors. Any suggestions ???

If anybody is interested in the solution here it comes :

on a SNI RM400 this looks for germany like: NLS_LANG=german_germany.D7DEC; export NLS_LANG LANGUAGE=$NLS_LANG; export LANGUAGE

the related message files reside on $ORACLE_HOME/forms30/mesg/*.msb where * equals iap<countrycode> for example iapus.msb. There is also a plain text file with the messages ( *.msb is binary ) but Oracle is not delivering the tool to generate the .msb file out of the textfile.

cu Thomas

--
| Thomas Winterfeldt | Tel  : +49 (0)5334 7239      |