Re: [help] Oracle privilege

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 30 Jun 94 06:51:11 EST

In article <2uel3n$npm_at_ucunix.san.uc.edu>, daoad_at_ucunix.san.uc.edu (Andrew) writes:
> I don't understand why users have only connection privilege CAN
> create tables on our Oracle database. Please tell me what I need
> to configure our Oracle database to work properly.
>
> We are using ORACLE RDBMS V6.2.6.3. on VAX/VMS V6.1
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -- andrew
> ~

One possibility is that you have granted RESOURCE on their default tablespace to PUBLIC. This is something that you can do in ORACLE6, but not ORACLE7.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285