Re: Is there an online SQL manual?

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 30 Jun 94 06:59:08 EST

In article <8agHoc1w164w_at_cellar.org>, iceburg_at_cellar.org (Todd Safra) writes:
> cracraft_at_rice-chex.ai.mit.edu (Stuart Cracraft) writes:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for an online SQL manual. Do
>> you have one or know where I can get one?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Stuart
>> (cracraft_at_ai.mit.edu)

> In general, all oracle manuals will be online in the future. You will be
> able to read them using oracle book tools. We are just starting to implement
> them at work.
>
> t.a.s.

There is a help database that can be installed, which then would be accessible through the SQL*Plus HELP command.

On VMS, you install it with the command:

        $ _at_ORA_SQLPLUS:HELPINS

Under Solaris 2.3, (c-shell) you use the command

	% setenv SYSTEM_PASS system/manager
	% $ORACLE_HOME/bin/helpins

Note that the help tables in Solaris have been truncated, and you may need to pull the SQL*Loader control tables from another platform.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285