ORACLE+ODBC+BC4+BVSP= 11026 !

From: Brett Humphrey <humphrey_at_krypton.sdsmt.edu>
Date: 29 Jun 1994 22:18:18 GMT

I have been trying to conncet my Borland C 4.0 using the Borland Visual Solutions Pack, and ODBC drivers. Ther version of the ODBC driver is 1.00.3112 from PageAhead Software Corp. We are running ORACLE7, and using SQL*Net over Novel Netware 3.2.

I was wondering if anyone has gottin the Borlands Visual Solutions Pack to cooecnt and work correctly with ORACLE ? I know that the same drivers are being used with Microsoft Visual Basic, and a working fine. So I do not know if it is BVSP (Borland Visual Soultions Pack), or if I am just missing a small step.

Here is what I have tried :

        For Connection string in the CIDS I have tried the following :

	Nothing in there, so the ODBC driver prompts for all the information
		to log into ORACLE.  I seem to log in fine
	DSN=Development with nothing else.
	DSN-Development;DBQ=X:OREACLE7_DEVELOPMENT; with nothing else
	DSN-Development;DBQ=X:ORECALE7_DEVELOPMENT;UID=myid;PWD=mypassword
        	with nothing else.

	For the ConnectionName I have tried :

	Development
	ORACLE7_DEVELOPMENT

	For the CIQry I have tried the following :

	For the ConnectionName :
	Development
	ORACLE7_DEVELOPMENT

No matter what way I try all of the above I get the following:

        Error - 11026 Data Base Error.

                Development,

That is it !!!!!

PLEASE HELP !!!
Thank you very much !

Brett Humphrey

Student Programer at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology

+1 605-394-1295 Received on Thu Jun 30 1994 - 00:18:18 CEST

Original text of this message