Re: Best way to determine table size in bytes/blocks

From: Jgreene <jgreene_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Jun 1994 19:22:03 -0400

In article <Cs41yx.9Ax_at_nntpa.cb.att.com>, awy_at_wisny.mv.att.com (-yoshida a.w.) writes:

> What's the most efficient way to determine how many bytes or blocks
 have
> been allocated to a table? I remember a previous posting which I
 believe
> somehow correlated rowids with extents - is this the only way?

Try:

select tablespace_name,segment_name,segment_type,sum(bytes) Bytes from dba_extents
where owner not in ('SYS','SYSTEM')
group by tabelspace_name,segment_name

you can alter the where clause to be owner="xxx" and segment_name='yyy'
to get a particular table or index Received on Wed Jun 29 1994 - 01:22:03 CEST

Original text of this message