HELP: System Password problem

From: Alfred Martin <mta_at_venus.info.isbiel.ch>
Date: 27 Jun 1994 14:55:30 GMT

I need to make it possible for an ordinary unix user to create / delete an oracle user account.

The (unix-)user will have to supply the desired name and password for the new oracle-account, and then be able to create the account.

Writing an ordinary shell-script, connecting as system/password and doing the job is not possible for security reasons. Also, giving each user the right to create / delete oracle-accounts is not desired, because I'd prefer them to be able to do it only from within a special program. Finally, setting the script set-uid to "oracle" and calling an "oracle"-read-only filescript is not desirable for security reasons, either.

Is there any other way I can do it???
PLEASE ölet me know if you have a good idea...

--
Alfred Martin
(martin_at_info.isbiel.ch)