Help extendSELECTing access to CASE metamodel

From: <jl86194_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 27 Jun 94 15:19:17 EST

I am new to Oracle CASE and so have been asked to extend the base product to support some local work. After reviewing the dictionary metamodel, I believe that I will not have to add new extensions but can provide the desired support

by making two changes:  1)  For attributes, allow users access to USER
EXTENDED PROPERTY 1 to define and retrieve access constraints for that
attribute; and  2)  For processes, provide a screen that allows input and
output dataflows to be defined at the same time as the process. The source of the dataflow may be in a different application than the process. My questions
are the following:  Is this possible?  If so, where are the steps to
accomplihsh this documented?  Are there any examples?
Also, is it possible to constrain an unresticeted attribute to a list of values
in a user defined table?  For example, create a table of users and IDs and
restrict the values in RESPONSIBLE of attribute to userids? Thanks. Cory Brooks Received on Mon Jun 27 1994 - 22:19:17 CEST

Original text of this message