SURVEY: DBA Tools/Utilities

From: Jim Deeming <jwdxt_at_csn.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 20:08:56 GMT

I am looking for experienced recommendations on DBA tools and utilities. I am an inexperienced DBA in a new Oracle shop with mostly in-house- developed applications coming online in a few months (developed by inexperienced Oracle programmers).

Please answer the following 3 questions - if there is sufficient response I will summarize the replies here in a few days. Thank you in advance.

  1. What 3rd party DBA tool(s) do you use?
  2. What are the 3 most useful functions this tool provides you?
  3. Briefly describe the size of your Oracle installation. (Number of instances, users, applications, etc.)