Re: How to perform a search in a block?

From: Alan MCCulloch <amccullo_at_ccu1.auckland.ac.nz>
Date: 27 Jun 1994 11:37:38 GMT

badri_at_elm.circa.ufl.edu (Badrish Davanagere) writes:

>Is it possible to do a search, using a search criteria, amongst
>the rows displayed in a block? I want to provide the user
>an option to enter a search string on basis of which I want the
>cursor to be placed at the first row satisfying the search criteria.
>I'am using Sql*Menu 5.0 and Sql*forms 3.0.

>Thanks in advance.

>--Prakash--

I've done this a number of times, simply using PL/SQL to loop through the rows in the block looking for what I want...if there is an easier way I'd also be interested to know it. Let me know if you want some example code.

Good Luck Received on Mon Jun 27 1994 - 13:37:38 CEST

Original text of this message