Re: [Q:] How to speed up rpt program ?

From: Jacqui Caren <jacqui_at_ig.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 17:20:47 +0000

eleeb0p_at_menudo.uh.edu (Jiazhi) writes:
>I am working in a small information company.
>We have a perfoance problem.
>We use the rpt to prepare detail reports. It
>involvs retrieve data from 10-30 tables and
>arrange the format and print out. But it is
>unacceptly slow.
>I wonder if there are other Oracle products
>I can use to do the same jobs. Or what I should
>be ware to prepare the rpt programs. ( I checked
 every sql command in my rpt program, all seem to
>be fine.)
>I even think about using a proc program to replace
>the rpt, I am not sure if it will help.

I use something called oraperl - you take the base perl 4.0.35 or greater distribution and build it for you platform. You then build the oraperl distribution. Either oracle6 or 7 is OK.

You then have one of the most flexible text based report writers available.

If you need any further info please email and I will help if I can.

Jacqui

p.s. Its PD = FREE!

--
Jacqui Caren, Paul Ingram Group Ltd. J.Caren_at_ig.co.uk
My opinions are corect...  ( :-) for the emotionally deprived)