Forms 3.0 slower in ORACLE7 on DG/UX?

From: Bill McMillan <uj569_at_freenet.Victoria.BC.CA>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 1994 03:22:21 GMT

I am migrating Forms 3.0 applications from Oracle 6 to ORACLE7 and finding the ORACLE7 forms to consistently be about 20% slower. I've tweaked every tweakable parameter I can find but still get the same results. Oracle Tech Support has been helping me with this but has yet to come up with an answer. Sqlplus is ok. Data Query and ReportWriter (Forms based) have the same problem. I've talked to another DG/UX site that is having the same type of problem, but other platforms have no complaints. Has anyone else experienced poor performance with Forms 3.0 and ORACLE7?
I'm using DG/UX 5.4.2 and migrating 3.0.16 applications from 6.0.37 to 7.0.16.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Bill McMillan
BC Ministry of Attorney General