Problems with Forms 3 and Oracle7

From: Pavel Luzanov <pal_at_bank.kemerovo.su>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 94 09:08:17 +0700

We have 2 problems with ORACLE7 and Forms 3. I execute following commands from sqlplus as dba

   SQL> CREATE FUNCTION test RETURN boolean AS

     2  BEGIN
     3     RETURN(FALSE);
     4  END test;
     5  /

   SQL> GRANT EXECUTE ON test TO some_role;    SQL> CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM test FOR test;

Then I write following trigger(Forms) in simple form as user, who have been granted and have enabled the some_role :

     DECLARE
       tmp boolean;
     BEGIN
       tmp := test;
       if tmp = TRUE then
          message('TRUE');
       elsif tmp = FALSE then
          message('FALSE');
       elsif tmp IS NULL then
          message ('NULL');
       else
          message ('I don''t know !');
       end if;
     END;

First problem :

   When I try to compile this trigger Forms give error

        PL/SQL error 201 at line 4, column 10:
        identifier 'TEST' must be declared
Second problem :

   I write above trigger in another form as creator of    function 'test'. Forms compile it ok, but when I invoke    trigger, I recieve message 'I don't know !' .    Why not 'FALSE' ???

When I try it in sqlplus, all work fine. I use ORACLE 7.0.13.1.1 and SQL*Forms 3.0.16.12.7 on DEC ULTRIX

Thank you for help
Pavel Luzanov
KuzbassPromBank Received on Fri Jun 24 1994 - 04:08:17 CEST

Original text of this message