Oracle CASE: Change datatype of primary key

From: Lorrie Gagnon <gagnon_at_heron.dsr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 1994 13:45:10 GMT

I am using Oracle Case (5.0) and need to make a change to the datatype of a primary key for one of my entities/tables. There are foreign keys defined to this table and I would like to have the data type of the foreign keys changed automatically as well. (Note that I have already defined the entities, relationships, tables, columns, primary and foreign keys). So far, the only way I have come up with is to delete that column from all tables where it is referenced and re-run the Default Database Generation. That is not very acceptable, since I have renamed all of the columns from what CASE generated automatically.

Can the changes be propagated automatically with CASE and, if so, which menu/options am I supposed to use?

Thanks for any help.
Lorrie Gagnon
gagnon_at_dsr.com

Digital Systems Research, Inc.
10085 Scripps Ranch Ct. Suite A
San Diego, CA
619-695-8220 Received on Thu Jun 23 1994 - 15:45:10 CEST

Original text of this message