ODBC based Report Writers?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_tibalt.supernet.ab.ca>
Date: 23 Jun 1994 14:11:04 -0600

I am looking for information on ODBC based report writers. (This request posted on comp.databases 2 days ago - sorry for the duplication).

The one I am using so far, Crystal Reports Pro V3, has a few limitations & I hope to find alternatives and/or supplements.

The limitations:

  1. Prefer one with freely distributable Run-time for canned reports.
  2. Need multiple detail blocks against one master block.
  3. Automated word wrap when 'mail merging' into a paragraph.

I am satisfied with Crystal for the majority of the reports, but the nature of the business requires a few canned reports of complexity that seems to stymie the product.

Any ideas, please? Please respond to group or by e-mail to

        forbrich_at_tibalt.supernet.ab.ca

Thanks in advance
/Hans Received on Thu Jun 23 1994 - 22:11:04 CEST

Original text of this message