Re: Can I do a conditional join?

From: Michael P. Stein <mstein_at_access.digex.net>
Date: 23 Jun 1994 12:21:06 -0400

In article <2u6nfp$dh7_at_snoopy.sra.com>, Jim Wolfe <wolfj_at_snoopy.sra.com> wrote:
>Michael Sallwasser (msallwas_at_world.nad.northrop.com) wrote:

>There are also transformation techniques to get rid of the outer join,

    To be explicit, use UNION [ALL] to get the rows where the join fails. Any outer join can be synthesized this way, and due to the limitations on outer join (plus the fact that not all SQL implementations support it), this may be necessary.

--
Mike Stein			The above represents the Absolute Truth.
POB 10420			Therefore it cannot possibly be the official