Re: ER Tools

From: Jonathan Lunn <Jonathan.Lunn_at_Canada.NCR.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 15:08:54 GMT

We use ERwin\ERX, a data modelling tool from Logic Works. So far we have been very pleased with it. It's easy to use, not bad windows, doesn't require a lot of work or input and provides the SQL DDL to generate the database once you are done. It also has hooks to PowerBuilder so that you can store the PD extended attributes right in the model and provides a utility for reverse-engineering from an existing database (as long as you can dump some kind of SQL DDL out of the old db). The only knock against it that I have run into is that it is difficult to do in-depth logical modelling, but then in the current world, very few projects have can afford the time for the logical model and head straight into the physical.

Hope this helps. Good luck. Received on Wed Jun 22 1994 - 17:08:54 CEST

Original text of this message