Re: Table names limit to 8 chars on Forms ?!

From: Pedro Pimentel <ppf_at_fct.unl.pt>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 15:07:41 GMT

In article <1994Jun20.012836.20129_at_fct.unl.pt>, ppf_at_fct.unl.pt (Pedro Pimentel) says:

> I'm using Forms4.0 for Windows for the first time and I was getting
>really stupid errors on triggers created by the Default Block option to
>enforce integrity constraints (foreign keys, etc).
>

> After many frustration I tried to create similar forms with the
>demo tables (emp, dept, etc). Everything worked fine. It seems the
>problem was because I was using "long" names for my tables (10-12
 chars).
> SQL Forms seems to work ok with up to 8 char length names.
>
> The Server SQL Language Reference manual says the table name length
>is limited to 30 chars. What now?! Do I have to change all my database?!
>Or am I missing something ...

Ooops again...

  Finally got it !!!
  This was happening in table with float type columns.   After changing them to number, everything seems fine.   Does anyone know why this ocurred ? The manual doesn't say anything about it !

  Pedro Pimentel
  ppf_at_fct.unl.pt Received on Wed Jun 22 1994 - 17:07:41 CEST

Original text of this message