Re: ODBC, VB, & public synonyms...

From: David Randolph - Shared Logic Inc. <sli_at_crash.cts.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 23:17:21 GMT

Martin Farber (farber_at_nynexst.com) wrote:

: For some reason we can't get VB to read a table through a select -
: when the public synonym is in place. When we drop it the app works
: fine !!!

: Has anybody seen, or better yet, fixed this problem???

This is a bug in the Access Engine (JET) used by VB. This bug is not fixed in the Access 2 engine. The problem occurs when you have two tables or synonyms of the same name. The only workarounds are to rename the table to be different than the public synonym (and then use the synonym exclusively), or you can use DB_SQLPASSTHROUGH mode.

  • Dave R.