Re: SQL*NET INSTALLATION

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_panix.com>
Date: 21 Jun 1994 21:46:24 -0400

>SERVER : UNIX BOX with ORACLE 7.0 running SQL*NET 1.02
>
>CLIENT : PC with WINDOWS 3.1 running SQL*NET TCP/IP 1.1.17...
>
>We intend to run SQL*FORMS 4.0 and SQL*REPORTWRITER 2.0 on the PC,
>and use SQL*NET to remotely access the Database on the UNIX BOX.
>
>What do we need on each side to get this set up going ??

I hope this helps. I don't have the exact situation, but this is the general idea.

Your /etc/services file must have the following line: orasrv 1525/tcp

You must start 'orasrv' as the root user on the unix box.

You may have done this already. Write back for any more help. What I would like to ask is, is Windows 'talking' to your unix box now (i.e. can you ping?) Did you run Network Setup in Windows?

1. Earth is 98% full. Please delete anyone you can.
2. I came, I saw, I deleted all your files.
3. The world will end in 5 minutes. Please log out.