Re: Index with ASC and DESC columns

From: Michael Sallwasser <msallwas_at_world.nad.northrop.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 20:00:27 GMT

In article <2tsg2o$kg1_at_search01.news.aol.com> sfidai_at_aol.com (SFidai) writes:
>How would you create an index with combination of ascending and
>descending columns. I have Oracle 7.0.15 on RS/6000.

It is my understanding that the ASC/DESC option on indexes was only for syntax compatibility and did not have any effect on

  1. the manner in which Oracle constructed the index, or
  2. sequence dependant performance.

Does anyone know the answer?

Michael Sallwasser  | Down one path is utter dispair and hopelessness. Down
Northrop Grumman    | the other is total destruction. Let us choose wisely.