Re: Oracle6 for DOS in OS/2 VDM, anyone?

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 1994 16:53:33 GMT

In article <2ttvmg$ev3_at_news.ysu.edu>, Brian C. Shensky <ak730_at_yfn.ysu.edu> wrote:

>I may have asked this before, a while ago, but...
>
>Has anybody been able to get Oracle6 for DOS to run in an os/2 VDM?
>Every time I try to start the database, I get a message
>
>Keyboard does not support A20 access.
>
>What does this mean? How does this keep me from using the product?
>WHat is an A20 driver? I appreciate any responses, posted and emailed.
>
>Thanks.
>
>_brian_
>
>--
>Brian C. Shensky 313-689-0321 voice/fax/data shensky_at_umcc.umich.edu
>248 Coachman Dr. #3C OS/2 2.1, Oracle RDBMS ak730_at_yfn.ysu.edu (BEST)
>Troy, MI 48083-4726 Occasional ARS N8FSR daf_at_skye.umd.umich.edu
>** DOS your operating system fit your needs? I bet it DOSn't. Mine does! **

This won't work, neither will any of the other Oracle DOS protected mode DOS tools such as Form3.ReportWriter1/Menu/, etc included with 6.0A. Why?-because Oracle requires VCP services, not DPMI. This same problem means that you can't run these tools in a Windows DOS box either. There is some sort of one time upgrade that you can get from DOS to OS/2, NT and maybe netware. You'll have to call. Received on Sun Jun 19 1994 - 18:53:33 CEST

Original text of this message