Re: SQL*Net TCP/IP Windows & DOS

From: RCronau <rcronau_at_aol.com>
Date: 15 Jun 1994 23:23:04 -0400

In article <2tks4f$nl5_at_hobbes.cc.uga.edu>, chrisa_at_rhett.libs.uga.edu (Chris Allen) writes:

First, what TCP/IP stack are you using for DOS? for Windows? If you are installing two stacks, then you will likely run into trouble. Second, you should check your services file to determine which TCP ports are assigned for SQL*Net. I believe for this to work, you will need one assigned for each version of SQL*Net, ie, one for DOS SQL*Net, and one for Windows SQL*Net.

Even though, I am still not sure that you can run both the DOS and the Windows SQL*Net simultaneously. You might want to attempt running only the DOS SQL*Net and use it for your Windows applications.

Good luck,

Rick (rcronau_at_aol.com)
SAE, Inc.
Springfield, VA Received on Thu Jun 16 1994 - 05:23:04 CEST

Original text of this message