missing libtcp.a

From: neil flanagan <neil.flanagan_at_sse.ie>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 1994 14:36:37 GMT

Hi,

 I'm just starting porting some C code with embedded sql from  ultrix to a sys 5 platform, but my knowledge of oracle is  limited to the FAQ.

 The process dies at the linking stage looking for a libtcp.a  in oracle/tcp/lib, and if I bypass that stage it comes back with  undefined symbols

sqlbuf                              apalm.o
sqlcex                              apabate.o
osntlitcp                           osntab.o
osntns                              osntab.o
osnptt                              osntab.o

After searching through the files and scripts it seems that

osntlitcp is in libtcptli.a,  ( I have this lib )
osntns is in libnetv2.a       ( I have this lib )
osnptt is in libutt.a         ( I don't have this lib )

Does this mean I have to buy additional bits to get the extra libs ? or do these missing libs mean I've mismatched versions ?

Any help welcome,

Neil

Internet: flanagan_at_sse.ie Received on Tue Jun 14 1994 - 16:36:37 CEST

Original text of this message