Screen I/O

From: <fzoufaly_at_gaviota.cic.itcr.ac.cr>
Date: 13 Jun 1994 13:03:54 -0500

Hello,
I am developing a system using Forms 3.0 and I REALLY need to perform some screen Input Output, something like display at 1,10 'Hello' and input varx. I cannot perform this operations directly using forms. I would like to use C and Forms user_exits to realize this operation. Right now I am working with OS/2 but I would like to port my software to different platforms. (I know that i would probably need to rewrite the C code for each different platform). I wrote a very simple user exit to print 'Hello' on the screen but I obtain a system violation and the OS aborts the entire form. The manual specifically warns about SCREEN I/O conflicting with forms I/O but I would like to know if anybody has had the same problem (using any platform) and if somebody has solved it. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Federico Zoufaly
Centro de Investigaciones en Computacion Instituto Tecnologico de Costa Rica
e-mail: fzoufaly_at_cic.itcr.ac.cr Received on Mon Jun 13 1994 - 20:03:54 CEST

Original text of this message