Re: C in stored procedures

From: David Hiltz <dhiltz_at_.wh.whoi.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 1994 01:32:33 GMT

In article <2t9u0c$u3_at_lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu> kjs_at_umich.edu (Kent J. Siemers) writes:
>adam_at_pluto.logica.co.uk wrote:
>: I have some C routines that I want available as stored procedures.
>: Is this possible or do stopred procedures have to be in PL/SQL?
>: If the latter, is it possible to call C routines from a PL/SQL
>: procedure?
>
>Why would you want to call C from a PL/SQL routine? The whole idea
>is to have a machine-independant, procedural language which can be
>compiled and the "executable" stored in the data dictionary.

Maybe because C is a real language. PL/SQL lacks any decent I/O capability (ie. ability to display messages and accep input).

   David Hiltz
   dhiltz_at_whsun1.wh.whoi.edu
   Network System Administrator
   Northeast Fisheries Science Center
   ######&_at_&###### Received on Sun Jun 12 1994 - 03:32:33 CEST

Original text of this message