Re: query from trigger

From: Jon Erlend Dahlen <jonda_at_ifi.uio.no>
Date: 11 Jun 1994 11:53:51 +0200

starshtr_at_wam.umd.edu (Cowboy) writes:

> I wish to generate a query, activated from a post-block
> trigger, that will setup the next block automatically with
> data when navigating to the next block.

Is it not possible to place the query in the pre-block trigger of the next block? An execute_query in the pre block trigger of the 'next block' will fill the fields...

> I have tried to
> accomplish this with the enter_query and execute_query
> commands, but get the following error; illegal restricted
> procedure enter_query in post-trigger.

Remember that execute_query operates on the current block, the block you are leaving...

..jon | Jon E. Dahlen <jonda_at_ifi.uio.no> Received on Sat Jun 11 1994 - 11:53:51 CEST

Original text of this message