query from trigger

From: Cowboy <starshtr_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: 10 Jun 1994 22:10:00 GMT

Anyone have an answer to the following?

I wish to generate a query, activated from a post-block trigger, that will setup the next block automatically with data when navigating to the next block. I have tried to accomplish this with the enter_query and execute_query commands, but get the following error; illegal restricted procedure enter_query in post-trigger. Two other methods, using select and fetch, resulted in only displaying the last select or fetch, that is these commands do not load multiple rows into the next block's field buffers. These rows need to be selected where name='a_name'and counted during the process.

As always, feel free to respond with ideas, thanks. Received on Sat Jun 11 1994 - 00:10:00 CEST

Original text of this message