Re: security clearance

From: Oracle71 <oracle71_at_aol.com>
Date: 10 Jun 1994 13:54:01 -0400

In article <2t543p$mqe_at_umd5.umd.edu>, rweir_at_hamlet.umd.edu (Rebecca A. Weir) writes:

>Subject: security clearance

>is it true that Oracle is used by many large companies so that
 usually
>security clearance is required? how about small to mid size
 companies?
>many thanks in advance

*------
Rebecca, generally speaking one requires a security clearance (I assume you mean one from the US Government) only if your job will involve coming in contact with classified US Government - related information or access to sensitive facilities, such as parts of most of the National Laboratories that are involved with nuclear energy. Generally, such positions require both US citizenship and a security clearance of one sort or another.

Employers cannot require security clearances arbitrarily for just anyone at all, unless the establishment is such a small one that there is no way to physically separate sensitive activities and materials from non-sensitive work. Received on Fri Jun 10 1994 - 19:54:01 CEST

Original text of this message