How to pass parameters from Menu to Form

From: Dwayne K. Lanclos <lanclosd_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 20:46:25 GMT

We created a form which we want to use both for user input and query only. An easy way to do this is to create a dummy form (only one enterable, noecho, no display field) with a KEY-STARTUP trigger:

        CALL_QUERY ('formname',HIDE,NO_REPLACE);
        EXIT_FORM;

This will call up the screen in query mode so the user will not be able to change the data. Yet we can still use the form for data entry. This screen is invoked from SQL*Menu.

The question comes up when we want to have another screen that can be used for both input and queries. We don't want to have to create another dummy form. We'd like to use the one we have and, instead of hardcoding the formname, make it a variable. Then all we have to do is pass the variable as a parameter or as a global variable to our dummy form.

Any ideas on how we could pass a parameter from SQL*Menu to this dummy form in SQL*Forms? Or how to pass the value of a global variable? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Dwayne K. Lanclos		lanclosd_at_lacmhs.boeing.com

"War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left."