Re: Configuration Mgmt/Version Cntrl

From: Randy Lahm <randyl_at_eng.gtefsd.com>
Date: 10 Jun 1994 16:17:30 GMT

Our organization has been in need of a supportive software configuration management capability for Oracle as well. The option of stuffing build application code for forms, reports, etc, into a 3GL source code tracking system is one option but our local environment needs the ability to cross reference application references to the database schema. We have taken on the task of developing our own CM application within Oracle to cross reference Oracle application structures to the DDL. I have read that Intersolv has some product called PVCS which may offer software CM for an Oracle database. They are supposed to integrate their tool with the Oracle API.

Randy Lahm/GTE Government Systems (lahm_at_capella.tsc.gtefsd.com) Received on Fri Jun 10 1994 - 18:17:30 CEST

Original text of this message