Re: connecting to Oracle/ODBC via winsock partly solved

From: Malcolm Sainsbury <msains_at_sunbird.ru.ac.za>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 1994 07:08:19 GMT

Two kind people replied to me with help. Thanks. Both told me to re-install SQL*Net from scratch and to choose any of the winsock stacks in the install options. Now I have the Oracle part of things working nicely across the winsock transport. However ......

The VB ODBC still does not connect to our remote Oracle database. Obviously this is a Microsoft ODBC problem of only connecting via the FTP Inc TCP stack.

Does anyone know if Microsoft has a later ODBC driver that will recognise winsock, so that we can connect to remote databases from VB over ODBC and winsock ??

Regards

Malcolm

--
Malcolm Sainsbury - Dept of Information Systems - Rhodes University
Internet: msains_at_sunbird.ru.ac.za               Phone: +27 [0]461 22023 xt 244