Re: PowerBuilder vs VisualBasic vs Oracle's CDE vs C++ vs SQLWindows vs ?

From: Carl Christensen <C_Christensen_at_fccc.edu>
Date: 8 Jun 1994 20:11:40 GMT

In article <2smo8m$pm9_at_c2.eunet.co.at>, paul_at_eunet.co.at (Paul Gillingwater) says:

>In article <2s9guh$iq7_at_tiete.dcc.unicamp.br> bill_at_tiete.dcc.unicamp.br (Bill Coutinho) writes:
>
>>Let's make a summary of comparisons of front-ends to RDBMS. You can talk
>>about PowerBuilder
>> VisualBasic
>> MS Access 2.0
>> Oracle's CDE (Forms e REports)
>> C++ (Visual C++, Applications Framework, ProtoGen)
>> SQL*Windows
>
>UnifAce version 6.0. Very nice 4GL with cross-platform multiple
>database support.

Did anybody yet mention Sapiens Vision (soon to be called Sapiens Ideo) ? It runs across VAX, UNIX, and PC/Windows platforms and uses it's own DBMS (not so hot though) as well as Oracle, Ingres, and Sybase (much better).

Gee, there's a lot more of these things out there than I thought!

Carl M. Christensen                     Fox Chase Cancer Center
Senior Systems Analyst                  Department of Biostatistics
C_Christensen_at_fccc.edu                  Philadelphia, PA  19111